BEST OF ICELAND WITH AKUREYRI 08 NIGHTS / 09 DAYS
- City tour of Reykjavik
- Northern Lights Tour
- Chance to visit Blue Lagoon (OPTIONAL)
- See the Eyjafjallajokull Volcano
- See the Eldhraun Lava Fields
- Visit Seljalandsfoss waterfall
- Visit Skogafoss waterfalls
- Visit Dyrhólaey Nature Reserve and Reynisfjara Black Sand Beach
- See the Myrdalssandur lava field
- Visit Skaftafell National Park
- Visit Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon (Glacier’s-River-Lagoon)
- Photostop at Fjadrargljufur Canyon.
GOLDEN CIRCLE TOUR
- Visit the Geysir Geothermal area and see the famous Strokkur
- Visit Gullfoss waterfalls
- Visit Thingvellir National Park
- Visit Friðheimar Greenhouse cultivation centre
- Visit an Icelandic Horse Farm
- Visit Berserkjahraun Lava Field
- See Kirkjufell Mountain
- See Kirkjufellsfoss Waterfall
- Visit Lóndrangar View Point
- Visit Djúpalónssandur Black Pebble Beach
- Visit Arnarstapi
- Guided city tour
- See the Godafoss Waterfall
- Visit Lake Myvatn
- Explore the volcanic area including Dimmuborgir, and Skutustadir, Namaskard pass.
- Enjoy a relaxing bath at the Myvatn Nature bath
Welcome to Reykjavik - the capital of Iceland with about a third of the Icelandic population living here. On arrival we drive to the hotel and check in. (Check-in time is after 3.00 pm).
Overnight in Reykjavik.
Note: The standard check-in time is 1500 hrs. Packed dinner will be provided in case of late arrivals of flight or long queue at the immigration.
Today, we check-out and drive towards Vik. See the Eyjafjallajokull which is s probably the most famous volcano in the world today which has erupted relatively frequently since the last glacial period, most recently in 2010. Today, also visit the famous waterfalls Seljalandsfoss and Skogafoss. These were the locations of the song Gerua from Dilwale.
Seljalandsfoss cascades over steep cliffs, which make it possible for people to walk behind the waterfall, offer a spectacular view of the waterfall itself and the surroundings. Skogafoss, stands at 60 meters tall. Due to the amount of spray the waterfall consistently produces, a single or double rainbow is normally visible on sunny days. We continue our journey to Dyrhólaey Nature Reserve and Reynisfjara Beach. These popular attractions are a must see on your Iceland south coast adventure. Later we check in to the hotel.
Overnight in Vik.
Today, we proceed to see the Eldhraun lava fields. Located in the south of the Icelandic highlands it was created in one of the greatest eruptions in recorded history and is of the largest of its kind in the world. Today, also see the Fjadrargljufur canyon which is up to 100 m deep and about 2 kilometers long, with the Fjaðrá river flowing through it. Later, in the Skaftafell National Park – visit the Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon - a stunning sight of blue& green water full of blue, white and turquoise icebergs streaked with black volcanic ash. The icebergs are composed of ice that is over a thousand years old and forms into unique and wonderful shapes. This has been used as a backdrop in many films like - A View to a Kill, Die Another Day, Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, Batman Begins and Game of Thrones to name a few. Later, visit the magical Diamond Beach, a black volcanic sand beach next to Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon. Transport yourself to a new world as you walk between diamond-shaped ice drifted ashore from Breidamerkurjokull Glacier.
Overnight in Vik.
Today, we check-out and proceed towards Snaefellsnes Peninsula. En-route we go on a full day Golden Circle tour which allows you to visit some of Iceland‘s most stunning sights. Visit Friðheimar greenhouse cultivation center which is one of Iceland’s biggest greenhouses. There we also visit the Icelandic horse stable. Later, visit the Geysir geothermal area in South Iceland, near Laugarvatn Lake. See the active Strokkur Geysir, which shoots up a column of water up to 30 metres (98 ft.) into the air every few minutes. Next we see the waterfall Gullfoss which is one of the most famous waterfalls in Iceland and rightly so. The three-step waterfall is a part of the glacial river Hvítá and falls into a 62-metre deep canyon. Later we proceed to the UNESCO world heritage site, Thingvellir National Park. It is the visible site of the mid-Atlantic Ridge where the North American and Eurasian tectonic plates meet. Later we visit Friðheimar greenhouse cultivation center which is one of Iceland’s biggest greenhouses. There we also visit the Icelandic horse stable. Later drive to Borgarnes.
Overnight in Bogarnes.
After breakfast go on an exciting Snafellsness Peninsula Tour. Drive through rough and wild lava field of Berserkjahraun for stunning views. Later, stop at the Kirkjufell Mountain - the most famous mountain in Iceland, together with the close by waterfall Kirkjufellsfoss it is a perfect picture location. At the Lóndrangar View Point – see rocks are 75 and 61 meters tall, rising out of the arctic ocean, a truly stunning work of nature. Visit Djúpalónssandur - a black pebbled beach located on the Snæfellsnes peninsula. The beach is at the foot of Snæfellsnesjökull glacier and is one of the highlights of West Iceland. Later, stop at Arnarstapi - a quirky and cute Icelandic fishing village with a rich history dating back to the Vikings. Enjoy a breathtaking walk along the coastline with outstanding sea cliffs populated with an unusual variety of seabirds.
Overnight in Reykjavik.
Today, we check out and drive to the airport for your flight to Akureyri. Located just 100 kilometers away from the Arctic Circle, Akureyri is Iceland’s Northern Capital and the fourth-most-populous town in Iceland. On arrival, we proceed on a guided tour. Later we check-in to the hotel.
Overnight in Akureyri.
Today, we drive towards Lake Myvatn. En-route we visit the Goðafoss falls. Nicknamed the “Waterfall of the Gods.” some believe that the name comes from the fact that the waterfall is god-like in beauty. We continue our journey to Lake Myvatn. Next, we explore the volcanic area including Dimmuborgir, and Skutustadir, Namaskard pass. Later, enjoy a relaxing bath at Myvatn nature bath before returning back to Akureyri.
Overnight in Akureyri.
Today, we check out and drive to the airport for your flight to Reykjavik. On arrival we take you on a Guided city tour of Reykjavik. We see the old town centre, the Parliament, the Cathedral, the harbor the Pearland Hofoi house, salmon river, the folk museum, Laugardalur, Asmundur Sveinsson museum and Hallgrimskirkja Church. Later enjoy some free time in the city centre. Later, you can opt for a chance to visit Blue Lagoon (OPTIONAL). The Blue Lagoon is one of the most famous sights in Iceland and its milky blue, 39°-42° C hot water is full of healthy minerals. If want, you can take a bath or just have a look at this unique natural phenomenon, a visit to the Blue Lagoon is always worth it. In the evening we take you on an excursion to view the Northern Lights. Iceland is renowned for its otherworldly illuminations, the Northern Lights being one remarkable example. (Although we will do our best to ensure that you view the Northern Lights, it is a natural phenomenon and is not guaranteed. The days of the Northern Lights tour could also change based on the probability of viewing the lights).
Overnight in Reykjavik.
Today, we check out and drive to the airport for your flight back home. It’s time to say goodbye to all the new friends you have made. We hope you take back many happy memories of your holiday. We would like you to spare a few minutes of your time to write and tell us how you enjoyed your holiday and any suggestions you may have for the future.
Tour Cost (per person in AED)
|Twin/ Double Room||Triple Room||Child With Bed||Child Without Bed||Single Room|
|AED 14770||AED 14770||AED 11180||AED 8810||AED 16780|
*As a 3rd in a triple, a roll away cot may be provided.
**As a 3rd in a double, no bed or cot will be provided to the child. Person below 12 years will be considered as a Child.
OPTIONAL TOUR COST
|OPTIONAL TOUR||ADULT (USD)||CHILD (USD)|
|VISIT THE BLUE LAGOON||90||90|
Note: Optional will be operated subject to minimum strength of 10 passengers
DEPARTURE DATES – 2021
- 01 Night at Hotel Fosshotel or similar in Reykjavik.
- 02 Nights at Hotel Hótel Katla or similar in Vik.
- 01 Nights at Hotel Borgarnes or similar in Bogarnes.
- 01 Nights at Hotel Fosshotel or similar in Reykjavik.
- 02 Nights at Hotel Kea or similar in Akureyri.
- 01 Nights at Hotel Fosshotel or similar in Reykjavik.
- Daily continental breakfast. (Breakfast includes bread with butter, jam, cereals, juice, milk, tea and coffee)
- 03 Indian Jain / vegetarian / non-vegetarian dinners and 05 Local Dinners.
WHAT YOUR TOUR PRICE INCLUDES
- Accommodations at the hotels specified above or similar.
- Meals, transfers, entrances, sightseeing and surface transport as mentioned in the itinerary
- All transfers and extensive excursions with entrance fees (as specified in the itinerary) by a deluxe air conditioned coach.
- Services of a professional, friendly and multilingual Thomas Cook Tour Manager or a local Representative. (Subject to minimum 15 customers).
WHAT YOUR TOUR PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Passport, Visa charges, Insurance, Airport & Port taxes.
- Cost of your Air tickets required to participate in this tour.
- Tipping is expected from anyone providing your service e.g. Coach Driver, Local Guides etc. It is mandatory to tip a nominal amount of EURO 3 per person/per day. For the entire duration of this tour which is 09 Days, the total Tips amount is EURO 27 per person, to be paid to the Tour Manager on Day 01 of the tour.
- No porterage included.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as porterage, laundry expenses, wines, mineral water, food and drink not in the regular menu provided by us, minibar, telephone calls, etc.
- Meals other than that what is mentioned in your itinerary.
- Cost of excursions, city sightseeing, entrance fees and local guides availed of by the passengers, other than that mentioned in your itinerary.
- Private airport transfers, Cost of Suggested / Optional Excursions.
- Arrival and Departure PCR – COVID test if required by the airline or Government bodies.
You must be in possession of a valid multiple entry Schengen visa. The cost of this visa is not included in your package tour price. It would be best to check with your travel agent and the consulates nearest to you for advice and information. Please ensure that your travel documents are ready in time for departure.
- All hotels will be either around the airport area or in the outskirts.
- Most hotels in Europe have only Twin beds. Double bed will be Queen size and not King size.
- As a 3rd person in a triple room, most hotels use rollaway beds and room size may be the same as the double room.
- For Child with bed: At times hotel don’t have enough roll away beds, in that case they might give a double and a separate single room.
- A person 12 years and below is considered a child and above 12 years, an adult.
- Hotel rooms may not be air conditioned / air cooled nor will fans be provided. Air conditioning / cooling in hotels are set as per European weather conditions.
- Functioning of Air cooling / Air conditioning in hotels is subject to official declaration of summer by the local authority.
- During heat wave in Europe air conditioning of the hotels and coaches may cease to function as they are not built for such high temperatures.
- Most hotels in Europe do not provide tea kettles in the rooms.
- Due to international events and trade fairs all throughout Europe such as Air Show, music festivals, ice skating championships etc., you may have to stay in hotels further away from the city.
- Any damages caused to the hotel rooms / Coach during your stay, shall be payable by the passengers.
- We also reserve the right to substitute a hotel of similar class if it is deemed advisable or necessary.
- In certain cities hotels have not started the buffet breakfasts yet and if the same does not change by the time the tours begin, we will either provide breakfast or the groups will be taken to an Indian / local restaurant for breakfast.
- Most of your journey in Europe is by coach and hence you are requested to keep the coach clean.
- Due to hygienic reasons it is not permitted to use toilets in the coach. However the tour manager will make comfort stops during long drives.
- Eating & drinking is not permitted in the coach.
- One check in bag and one hand bag per person only, due to limited boot space in the coach.
- In major European cities, there are parking restrictions for coaches and it may not be possible to stop at all the places during the city tour. Tour Manager will try his/her best to stop coach wherever possible for a photo stop.
- Coaches are non-wheelchair compliant. There are steps to board / alight from the coach.
- Due to private coaches being forbidden inside most of the European cities; as per EU norms to preserve them and to avoid getting them polluted and overcrowded, most of your sightseeing will be done by local buses and by foot.
- Meals are pre–set and a–la carte is not possible.
- On certain departures, we may sometimes amend / reverse the itinerary. However, all the services / inclusions will remain the same.
- Generally, you will have to walk at sightseeing places, amusement parks and at the airports sometimes for a long distance; however the same will be timely instructed by the Tour Manager. It is advisable to carry good pair of comfortable sports shoes. The tour manager and the driver will do their best to get you as close to the monuments as possible.
- There are a few attractions and entrances that are currently closed due to COVID and in case the same remain closed at the time of the groups visiting, a refund will be provided.
- In case any member of the group tests positive for COVID-19, customers will need to unconditionally abide, adhere and comply solely at your costs and expenses to all laws, rules, notifications, Travel advisories, guidelines, directives and communications issued from time to time by all or any Governments, Authorities, Ministries, Departments, Local Bodies in India or Abroad, related to your tour to the foreign destination and/or on your return from the tour to your home destination in India or Abroad including but not limited to Covid-19 Protocols on quarantine, vaccinations etc. or in connection with any other Pandemic, epidemic, disease, condition etc., which may be communicated by all or any Governments, Authorities, Ministries, Departments, Local Bodies in India or Abroad with or without notice at any point of time whether at the commencement of the tour, during the tour and/or on the completion of the tour, as the case may be”.On some occasions you may have to join another group in case the group does not have adequate members.
- A local representative or a driver may only be there to assist you during your initial part of the tour.
- Security alerts and random closures might affect the itinerary.
- Please take extra care of your personal belongings while on the tour, every country you travel to is prone to thefts and bag snatching. TCIL will not be liable for any loss of belongings / baggage.
- Disabled clients should carry their own wheelchair and should be accompanied by a qualified companion who is able to provide assistance to the disabled client.
- TCIL shall not accept any liability or responsibility for any damages, loss, baggage loss, theft, injury, accident, death, breakdown or irregularity, which may occur in carrying out the tour arrangement, weather conditions, strikes, war, quarantine and any other cause whatsoever and all such loss or expense must be borne by the passengers. Insurance policies must be carried while on tour.
- The management reserves the right to claim any additional expenses incurred due to delay or changes in schedules of train, airplane, bus, ship or other services.
- The Tour Manager and the company reserves the right to amend the itinerary, alter, vary or withdraw any particular departure, excursion advertised. For the convenience of our passengers, we will sometimes amend the itinerary. However, all the services will remain the same.
- There are no refunds for any services i.e. meals, sightseeing etc. not utilized on your tour
- In case you decide to change the date of your return reservation once confirmed the exact amount payable to the airline will be advised once the same is confirmed.
- The images used in this brochure are for representation purpose only.
- Please refer to the Booking Form for detailed “Terms and Conditions”.