Scandinavian Extravaganza - Summer 2023
- Guided city tour
- Visit to Porvoo
- Visit the Lutheran Temppeliaukio Church or ‘Rock Church Helsinki’
- Guided city tour
- Guided city tour
- Visit the Vasa Ship Museum
- Free Time at Gamla Stan (Old Town)
- Guided city tour
- Visit the Vigeland Sculpture Park
- Visit the Fram museum
- ‘Norway in a Nutshell’ tour: A unique to Bergen
- Guided city tour
- Enjoy a scenic funicular train ride - Floybanen
- Guided city tour
- Visit Tivoli Gardens
Note: Joining direct passenger / NRI can check-in on your own at the hotel. The standard check-in time is 1500 hrs. We may have to proceed directly for dinner or Packed dinner will be provided in case of late arrivals of flight or long queue at the immigration.
Today, we drive to the pier to take a ferry to Tallinn, Estonia's capital on the Baltic Sea. On arrival, we proceed for a guided city tour of Tallinn: See the Toompea Hill, Parliament building, Dome Church, St. Nicholas Church, Town Hall Square, Kadriorg Park and Castle. Next, we visit the Alexander Nevsky Cathedral. Later, we drive to the pier to take the ferry back to Helsinki.
Overnight in Helsinki.
Today, we proceed on a guided city tour of Helsinki: See the Senate Square, visit Lutheran Tempelliauki Church, Sibelius Park and many more interesting sights. Next, we visit Porvoo, the second oldest medieval village. Later, we board the cruise across the Baltic Sea to Stockholm.
Overnight on board Silja / Viking
Today, we proceed on a guided city tour of Stockholm: See the Opera House, Alfred Nobel's House and the Royal Palace. Also, we visit the Stockholm City Hall - venue of the Nobel Prize banquet. Next, we visit Vasa Museum - Sweden's most visited museum enshrining the warship Vasa. Later, we spend some free time in Gamla Stan – the old Town.
Overnight in Stockholm
Today, we drive to Oslo. Enroute, we visit the town of Karlstad, situated on the northern shores of Lake Vanern, for a photo stop at Lake Vanern – the largest lake of Sweden.
Overnight in Oslo
Today, we proceed for a guided city tour of Oslo: See the Parliament Square, National Galleries, Karl Johan shopping street, the Royal Palace and Akhershus Fortress. Next, we visit Vigeland Sculpture Park and the Fram Museum. Later, we drive to Geilo.
Overnight in Geilo
(SB, L, LD)
+ Day 7 - Travel on one of Norway’s most popular trips ‘Norway in a nutshell’. A combination of spectacular train rides and impressive trips by boat and bus
Norway in a nutshell’: Today, we drive to Geilo station. Board our train to Myrdal, change to the Flam railway line, for a scenic travel to Flam. We wander around the idyllic countryside, before embarking on a boat ride through the Aurlandsfjord into the Naeroyfjord, one of the narrowest fjords in Europe, surrounded by mountains of up to 1800 meters. On arrival at scenic Gudvangen, we board the coach and travel through the impressive Norwegian landscape to Bergen.
Overnight in Bergen
Today, we proceed for a guided city tour of Bergen: See the Hanseatic wharf Bryggen with its pastel – coloured wooden houses, winding cobblestone streets and old Bergen. Next, we take a ride on the Funicular train, to the top of the mountain Floyen for an aerial view of Bergen. Later, we fly to Copenhagen.
Overnight in Copenhagen
(SB, L, D)
Note: Incase the internal flight arrival into Copenhagen is late in the evening, packed dinner will be served.
Today, we proceed for a guided city tour of Copenhagen: See the Parliament building, Amalienborg Palace, Gefion fountain, Little Mermaid statue and many other interesting sights. Next, we visit the famous Tivoli Gardens. Here, you will have an opportunity to enjoy the various rides on your own. Later, we enjoy some free time in the city .
Overnight in Copenhagen
(SB, L, D)
Today, proceed to the airport on your own for your flight back home. Kindly spare a few minutes to share your feedback with your Tour Manager. Your valued suggestions will be most appreciated. Arrive home with pleasant memories of your Europe tour, which we are sure you will treasure for a lifetime.
Note: In major European cities, there are parking restrictions for coaches and it is not possible to stop at all the places during the city tour. Your Tour Manager will try his/her best to stop coach wherever possible for a photo stop.
Tour Price (per person in AED)
|Scandinavian Extravaganza (Value Tour - 10 Days)|
|Start City: Helsinki | End City: Copenhagen|
|Rooming||Brochure Price||Offer Price (AED)|
|CHILD NO BED||AED 9490*|
|CHILD WITH BED||AED 11260*|
*As a 3rd in a triple room, a roll away cot may be provided. **As a 3rd in a double room, no bed or cot will be provided to the child. Person below 12 years will be considered as a Child.
DEPARTURE DATES – 2023
MAY - 07, 14, 21, 28
JUNE - 04, 11, 18, 25
JULY - 02, 09, 23
AUGUST - 02, 20
SEPTEMBER - 17
- 02 nights at Hotel Scandic Meilahti or similar in Helsinki
- 01 night on board ferry (outside cabin) from Helsinki to Stockholm
- 01 night at Hotel Scandic Infra city / Scandic Jarva Krog / Scandic Victoria or similar in Stockholm
- 01 night at Hotel Quality Expo / Scandic Helsfyr or similar in Oslo
- 01 night at Hotel Vestlia Resort / Bardola / Highland Lodge or similar in Geilo
- 01 night at Hotel Quality Edvard Grieg / Thon Bergen Airport or similar in Bergen
- 02 nights at Hotel Bella Sky / Comwell Portside / Crown Plaza Towers or similar in Copenhagen
- Daily Scandinavian buffet breakfast
- 7 Indian Jain / vegetarian / non-vegetarian lunches including local meals
- 9 Indian Jain / vegetarian / non-vegetarian dinners including local meals and Farewell dinner
- Note: Packed lunches, if applicable, will be Jain / vegetarian
WHAT YOUR TOUR PRICE INCLUDES:
- Sightseeing and accommodation as per the above-mentioned itinerary
- Return economy class Airfare
- All transfers and extensive excursions with entrance fees (as specified in the itinerary) by a deluxe air- conditioned coach.
- Services of a professional, friendly and multilingual Tour Manager or a local Representative. (Subject to minimum 15 customers).
WHAT YOUR TOUR PRICE DOES NOT INCLUDE
- Visa, Insurance, Airport & Port taxes.
- Tipping is expected from anyone providing your service e.g. Coach Driver, Local Guides, Hotel & Restaurant staff etc. It is mandatory to tip a nominal amount of EUR 3 per person/per day. For the entire duration of this tour which is 10 Days, the total Tips amount is Euro 30 per person to be paid to the Tour Manager on Day 01 of the tour.
- Government Taxes as applicable are extra.
- No porterage included.
- Any expenses of personal nature such as porterage, laundry expenses, wines, mineral water, food and drink not in the regular menu provided by us, minibar, telephone calls, etc.
- Meals other than that what is mentioned in your itinerary.
- Cost of excursions, city sightseeing, entrance fees and local guides availed of by the passengers, other than that mentioned in your itinerary.
- Private airport transfers, Cost of Suggested / Optional Excursions.
- Arrival and Departure PCR – COVID test if required by the airline or Government bodies.
You must be in possession of a valid Multiple entry Schengen visa. The cost of visa is not included in your package tour price. It would be best to check with the consulates or embassy nearest to you or travel agent for advice and information. Please ensure that your travel documents are ready in time for departure.
For this tour you would require confirmed air tickets to arrive into Helsinki and depart from Copenhagen. Internal sector flights Bergen to Copenhagen is included in the tour price. It would be advisable to check with Thomas Cook sales officer or local travel agent before issuing your air tickets
- All hotels will be either around the airport area or in the outskirts.
- Most hotels in Europe have only Twin beds. Double bed will be Queen size and not King size.
- As a 3rd person in a triple room, most hotels use rollaway beds and room size may be the same as the double room.
- For Child with bed: At times hotel don’t have enough roll away beds, in that case they might give a double and a separate single room.
- A person 12 years and below is considered a child and above 12 years, an adult.
- Hotel rooms may not be air conditioned / air cooled nor will fans be provided. Air conditioning / cooling in hotels are set as per European weather conditions.
- Functioning of Air cooling / Air conditioning in hotels is subject to official declaration of summer by the local authority.
- During heat wave in Europe air conditioning of the hotels and coaches may cease to function as they are not built for such high temperatures.
- Most hotels in Europe do not provide tea kettles in the rooms.
- Due to international events and trade fairs all throughout Europe such as Air Show, music festivals, ice skating championships etc., you may have to stay in hotels further away from the city.
- In Scandinavia the stay may be split in two hotels
- Any damages caused to the hotel rooms / Coach during your stay, shall be payable by the passengers.
- We also reserve the right to substitute a hotel of similar class if it is deemed advisable or necessary.
- In certain cities hotels have not started the buffet breakfasts yet and if the same does not change by the time the tours begin, we will either provide breakfast or the groups will be taken to an Indian / local restaurant for breakfast.
- Most of your journey in Europe is by coach and hence you are requested to keep the coach clean.
- Due to hygienic reasons, it is not permitted to use toilets in the coach. However, the tour manager will make comfort stops during long drives.
- Eating & drinking is not permitted in the coach.
- One check in bag and one hand bag per person only, due to limited boot space in the coach.
- In major European cities, there are parking restrictions for coaches and it may not be possible to stop at all the places during the city tour. Tour Manager will try his/her best to stop coach wherever possible for a photo stop.
- Coaches are non-wheelchair compliant. There are steps to board / alight from the coach.
- Due to private coaches being forbidden inside most of the European cities; as per EU norms to preserve them and to avoid getting them polluted and overcrowded, most of your sightseeing will be done by local buses and by foot.
- Meals are pre–set and a–la carte is not possible.
- On certain Days packed lunch will be provided.
- On certain departures, we may sometimes amend / reverse the itinerary. However, all the services / inclusions will remain the same.
- Generally, you will have to walk at sightseeing places, amusement parks and at the airports sometimes for a long distance; however, the same will be timely instructed by the Tour Manager. It is advisable to carry good pair of comfortable sports shoes. The tour manager and the driver will do their best to get you as close to the monuments as possible.
- On certain Days, due to closure of certain sightseeing the Tour Manager reserves the right to amend the itinerary.
- There are a few attractions and entrances that are currently closed due to COVID and in case the same remain closed at the time of the groups visiting, a refund will be provided.
- In case any member of the group tests positive for COVID-19, customers will need to unconditionally abide, adhere and comply solely at your costs and expenses to all laws, rules, notifications, Travel advisories, guidelines, directives and communications issued from time to time by all or any Governments, Authorities, Ministries, Departments, Local Bodies in India or Abroad, related to your tour to the foreign destination and/or on your return from the tour to your home destination in India or Abroad including but not limited to Covid-19 Protocols on quarantine, vaccinations etc. or in connection with any other Pandemic, epidemic, disease, condition etc., which may be communicated by all or any Governments, Authorities, Ministries, Departments, Local Bodies in India or Abroad with or without notice at any point of time whether at the commencement of the tour, during the tour and/or on the completion of the tour, as the case may be”.
- On some occasions you may have to join another group in case the group does not have adequate members.
- A local representative or a driver may only be there to assist you during your initial part of the tour.
- Security alerts and random closures might affect the itinerary.
- Please take extra care of your personal belongings while on the tour, every country you travel to is prone to thefts and bag snatching. TCIL will not be liable for any loss of belongings / baggage.
- Disabled clients should carry their own wheelchair and should be accompanied by a qualified companion who is able to provide assistance to the disabled client.
- TCIL shall not accept any liability or responsibility for any damages, loss, baggage loss, theft, injury, accident, death, breakdown or irregularity, which may occur in carrying out the tour arrangement, weather conditions, strikes, war, quarantine and any other cause whatsoever and all such loss or expense must be borne by the passengers. Insurance policies must be carried while on tour.
- The management reserves the right to claim any additional expenses incurred due to delay or changes in schedules of train, airplane, bus, ship or other services.
- The Tour Manager and the company reserves the right to amend the itinerary, alter, vary or withdraw any particular departure, excursion advertised. For the convenience of our passengers, we will sometimes amend the itinerary. However, all the services will remain the same.
- There are no refunds for any services i.e. meals, sightseeing etc. not utilized on your tour
- All optional activities will have to be booked and paid to the Tour Manager on Day 01 of the tour. Payment to be made by cash in EURO only. (Credit or Debit cards not accepted).
- Optional tours are booked & paid on 100% non-refundable & non cancellation policy.
- The images used in this brochure are for representation purpose only.