- Welcome and farewell dinners; guided sightseeing, visit the Egyptian Museum and the pyramids. in Giza
- By air
- Guided sightseeing, visit the Karnak Temple and Luxor Temple, Valley of the Kings and Queens
- Guided visit of Temple of Horus
- Guided visit of the temple
- Visit Wordsworth's village; [LF] try original Grasmere Gingerbread
- Guided sightseeing, visit the High Dam, the unfinished obelisk, and the Philae Temple of Isis; [LF] Felucca sail around Kitchener's Island and the Mausoleum of Aga Khan
- By air Headsets throughout the tour.
- Sight Seeing Tours
- Tour Manager
Guided sightseeing in and around Africa's largest metropolis starts at the EGYPTIAN MUSEUM. See Tutankhamun's fabulous treasures, an exciting first encounter with the splendor of three millennia of Egyptian civilization. Next, depart for GIZA. Take a close-up look at the enigmatic SPHINX and the daunting Great Pyramids. Cheops, with an original height of 496 feet, is the most colossal pyramid ever built.
Board your flight to Luxor, where you will embark your cruise ship to enjoy lunch. In the afternoon, guided sightseeing features visits to KARNAK TEMPLE and LUXOR TEMPLE.
This morning, guided sightseeing focuses on the VALLEY OF KINGS & QUEENS on the West Bank of the Nile, where generations of pharaohs and nobles were buried in great splendor in crypts cut into the cliffs. Sixty-two royal tombs have been uncovered so far, of which only the tomb of Tutankhamun was largely undisturbed when discovered in 1922. Visit DEIR EL-BAHRI, Queen Hatshepsut's monumental rock temple, before returning to your ship where a Captain's welcome cocktail party awaits you. Sail to Edfu.
In Edfu, visit the TEMPLE OF HORUS with its menacing black stone statue of the falcon god. Built in the time of Cleopatra about 2,000 years ago, it is recent by Egyptian standards and beautifully preserved. Have lunch on board and continue your leisurely cruise down Egypt's river of destiny. Dock at Kom Ombo for a short walk to visit its bluff-top TEMPLE dedicated to the crocodile and falcon gods. You can haggle for bargains in the local market. This evening, enjoy a Galabeya party on board.
Marvel at the gigantic Aswan HIGH DAM, completed in 1970. Next, stop at the ancient GRANITE QUARRIES to see the famous unfinished obelisk and visit the PHILAE TEMPLE OF ISIS, transplanted from the submerged island of Philae. Highlight is a FELUCCA SAIL around Kitchener's Island and the Mausoleum of Aga Khan. A Nubian Folklore Show is the perfect way to celebrate your Nile Cruise.
After disembarkation, enjoy some free time in Aswan. An optional excursion to stunning Abu Simbel is available.
Board your flight to Cairo. This evening, a farewell dinner awaits at your hotel.
Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning.
- Starting from AED 4954* per adult on Twin / Triple Sharing
- Child above 8 years are allowed on this tour
Nov 19: 2, 9, 16, 23 & 30
Dec 19: 7 & 14
Jan 20: 4, 11, 18, & 25
Feb 20: 1, 8, 15, 22 & 29
Mar 20: 7, 14, 21 & 28
HOTEL ACCOMMODATION DETAILS
- Cairo - Sofitel Cairo Nile El Gezirah or similar
- Aswan - Moevenpick Resort Aswan or similar